Chapel of the Annunciation of Mary
Tempera is the technique used here, a rare occurrence, given that fresco was the dominant one. The paintings of this chapel located in the cloister next to the Chapter Hall Gate are of great quality. The overlap of different strokes of colour helped to define the "Italian" creasing and curtaining present on the side walls, while a starry sky depicted on the vault provided a lighting effect on the whole room. The heraldry of Clavell or Claver, founders of the chapel in 1319, is also present.